2019 Gallery Exhibitions | Call for Submissions
Printable Call for Submissions
Art Gallery of St. Albert (AGSA), a contemporary public art gallery, is seeking submissions from artists or artist groups of all artistic and cultural backgrounds working in all styles and mediums for exhibition in the 2019 calendar year.
Thanks to a partnership between the Arts and Heritage Foundation and the City of St. Albert, Art Gallery of St. Albert is currently undergoing renovations to create an accessible, safe and inspirational space for the community; the Gallery is slated to re-open in the fall of 2018. This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta. You can find out more about our barrier-free project here. During the 2018 Gallery barrier-free renovation, visit us at our temporary location at #100, 6D Perron Street.
The Gallery strives to provide a thought-provoking exhibition schedule and corresponding programs that support educationally challenging art and appeal to many audiences. AGSA is committed to profiling a diversity of styles and mediums. The Gallery endeavours to showcase artists who exhibit locally, nationally and internationally.
Submissions are decided on by a panel of visual art professionals who represent a spectrum of expertise in the visual arts. The artists chosen to exhibit will receive Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens
(CARFAC) exhibition fees.
Submissions must contain:
- Completed Application Form (download: interactive, fillable PDF, or read-only Word document)
- Exhibition Description/ Proposal (maximum 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Artist’s Resume
- Artist’s Statement (maximum 500 words)
- Up to 10 Digital Images demonstrating proposed, in-progress or recent work
- Corresponding Image List including title, medium, year of creation and dimensions
- Colour copies of all images in submission (1 to 3 images per page on standard photocopy paper)
- (Optional) Self addressed, stamped envelope with correct postage if artist requires rejected submission to be returned
- Application Form (download: interactive, fillable PDF, or read-only Word document), Exhibition Description/ Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV, Image List and colour copies of images in submission must be submitted with the application as printed documents
- Digital Images must be submitted on a CD, DVD or thumb drive/ USB device (images should be JPEG format, 300 dpi preferred, minimum 4” x 6”). Maximum of 50 MB for all images (combined total)
- The CD, DVD or USB device must also contain; digital copies of the corresponding Image List, Application Form, Exhibition Description/ Proposal, Artist’s Statement and CV. Image files should be numbered and labelled with artist last name and title of artwork; e.g. “1. Smith_Forest Path.jpg, 2. Smith_Forest Road”
- Video and sound submissions should be presented as excerpts (maximum six minutes per submission)
Video files must be PC-compatible (viewable with Windows Media Player)
- Artists submitting on a USB device should contact the gallery prior to submitting in order to ensure file compatibility
- Artists requiring a rejected submission to be returned must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with correct postage
- Submissions will only be accepted if the above requirements are met
- Email or fax submissions are not accepted
- Jury decisions are final
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 23, 2018, 5pm
- All applicants will be contacted by Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Though group submissions are accepted, the gallery recommends artists also submit as individuals
- Artists may be selected for either solo exhibitions or group exhibitions with compatible artworks. Please clearly indicate if submission is intended for a solo exhibition only
Please send your submission to:
Call for Submissions 2019: Art Gallery of St. Albert
#100, 6D Perron Street
St Albert, AB T8N 1E4
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-460-4310
Printable Call for Submissions
Get Adobe Reader here.
Light up the Night | Call for Donations for 2018 Fundraiser
Every year, Art Gallery of St. Albert (AGSA) holds a fundraiser to raise much needed funds to support programming and exhibitions at the Gallery – 2018 will mark the Gallery’s 28th annual fundraiser.
Funds raised during this event will sustain our exceptional services to the community, including free admission to the gallery, and low fees for all of our community and studio art programs.
On Saturday, February 24, 2018, Light up the Night will bring art lovers, collectors, and artists together for an evening of fine art, hands-on art-making fun, great food, live music and fundraising.
We invite artists to show their generosity by supporting AGSA with a donation that will be auctioned at the event.
We gratefully accept submissions of two and three-dimensional artwork, functional and decorative ceramics, jewelry, textiles, and other art objects. Please note that your work does not need to be inspired by the theme of the event. We endeavor to offer guests a variety of sizes and styles, and will curate a selection accordingly.
- Wall mounted artworks can be any dimension up to 3ft x 3ft (including frame if applicable)
- Free-standing, three dimensional artworks are also accepted
- Artworks will be ‘display ready’ (two-dimensional works will be appropriately matted, framed, with hanging device; unframed canvases should have finished edges; three dimensional works will be stable and free-standing)
- Artworks less than $950 will be considered
- Items selected for the silent auction will have a reserve price equal to a quarter of their retail price
- All entries will be reviewed by the Gallery committee. Committee decisions are final
Multiple submissions are welcomed and can be sent in a single submission email
Please email your submissions no later than January 27, 2018.
Your email submission should contain:
- Your current contact information including; your address, phone, email and website
- A good quality digital image of artwork(s) submitted for donation
- Corresponding credits (including title, medium, dimensions, year of creation and retail price)
- Curriculum Vitae/Artist’s Resume (optional)
Please note that:
- Email attachments must total less than 5 MB or risk rejection by our email server
- All applicants will be contacted by Saturday, February 10, 2018
- Successful applicants will receive a tax receipt for their donation for the 2018 tax year in accordance with CRA rules and standards
- Donating artists can receive free tickets to the event (value of tickets deducted from tax receipt in accordance with CRA rules and standards)
- Early accepted works with quality images will be used to promote the event via social media and the Gallery website
Art Gallery of St. Albert is part of the Arts and Heritage Foundation (Registered charitable organization 868543331 RR0001, #200, 20 Perron Street, St Albert, AB T8N 1E4, incorporated in Alberta). Art Gallery of St. Albert is planning to raise $15,000 at the Light up the Night fundraiser. It will cost approximately $3,500 to raise this amount of money. The funds raised during this event will enable us to continue to keep admission free and program fees low.
Printable Call for Donations
Rental and Sales Gallery Call for Submissions
We are not currently accepting submissions for the Art Rental & Sales Gallery. Please check back in 2018.
Gallery Shop Submissions
Please email email@example.com or call 780-460-4310 to find out more information on submission guidelines for Gallery Shop.