We are continuing with our commitment to provide you with exceptional arts and heritage experiences. We know that’s what you count on us for. During this difficult time, we are sharing an array of exciting content with you through our various social media platforms and website.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paper (can be any type of paper including recycled artwork, magazine pages, flyers, and more)
- Pencil, pen, crayon, or marker
- Glue, tape, or stapler (optional)
Once you’ve gathered your materials, create a paper doll that reflects who you are!
- Start by drawing the outline of the body shape on paper (this can include the shape of the hair, if you’d like)⠀
- Cut out this shape
- Draw, colour, and cut out clothes, hair, accessories for your doll. Glue, tape, or staple on any of the items that you’d like to keep permanently on your doll. Tip: if you’d like to be able to swap out various items of clothing and accessories on your doll, we challenge you to find a creative way to temporarily stick each item onto your doll. Will you create folded tabs on each piece? Get creative with paperclips? Let us know what you do!
- Finish off by drawing on facial features and small details like eyes, a nose, mouth, eyebrows, eyelashes, freckles, and fingernails!
Eager to keep creating once your doll is complete? Make an entire set of paper dolls, imagine and create an environment where your doll lives, or create a pet for your doll!