Each participant (non-member) will receive 15% off the Gallery Shop, Arts and Heritage Foundation members get 20%.
Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:30 am– 1:30 pm
What better way to welcome gardening season than with a Saturday morning plant swap and chat with fellow gardeners?
A perennial plant swap is a great way to get new plants for your garden directly from other gardeners and hobnob with fellow green thumbs. Admission? FREE! For each plant you bring, you get one ticket; each ticket will be traded for a plant. Participants are also welcome to donate gently used gardening equipment to be sold at the event. Don’t have any plants to bring? No problem. Leftover plants will be sold at $5 each at the end of the exchange.
10:30–11:30 am: Plant drop off
– Participants drop off their (healthy) plants. All plants should be in individual containers and labelled. Please include botanical and common name, bloom colour, if the plant prefers sun or shade and any other helpful tidbits for its new caretaker on the label.
– For each plant you bring, you receive one ticket for the exchange, please bring as many plants as you wish.
– Gently used gardening equipment is dropped off at this time as well.
11:30 am–12 pm: Chat + Shop garden ornaments and botanical art
– Geek out on plant chats over some lemonade and explore the newly renovated Gallery while we organize plants for the exchange.
12–12:30 pm: PLANT SWAP!
– Trade your tickets for plants
12:30–1:30 pm: Sale of remaining plants and gardening equipment (with money, open to the public)
– Non-exchangers are welcome to purchase remaining plants at $5 each.
– Everyone is welcome to purchase the gardening equipment.