SAVE THE DATE!
Light up the Night: AGSA’s 28th annual fundraiser
Date: February 24, 2018
Location: St. Albert Place (Foyer and studios)
The future is bright. Light up the Night at the Gallery’s 28th annual fundraiser. Support Gallery programs, exhibitions, and upcoming projects.
$50/ticket: this year, your ticket includes entrance to all hands-on art activities and programs ($30 value; last year ticket prices at $30 entry and $30 for programs).
AHF Members receive 10% off regular priced tickets.
Tickets go on sale October 25 during our Halloween Lights Early Bird sale: runs October 25–November 4
VIP Add-On:Buy Tickets
Artists – get involved by donating an original art piece.
If you would like to sponsor our event please contact email@example.com.
Light up the Night | Call for Donations for 2018 Fundraiser
Every year, Art Gallery of St Albert (AGSA) holds a fundraiser to raise much needed funds to support programming and exhibitions at the Gallery – 2018 will mark the Gallery’s 28th annual fundraiser.
Funds raised during this event will sustain our exceptional services to the community, including free admission to the gallery, and low fees for all of our community and studio art programs.
On Saturday, February 24, 2018, Light up the Night will bring art lovers, collectors, and artists together for an evening of fine art, hands-on art-making fun, great food, live music and fundraising.
We invite artists to show their generosity by supporting AGSA with a donation that will be auctioned at the event.
We gratefully accept submissions of two and three-dimensional artwork, functional and decorative ceramics, jewelry, textiles, and other art objects. Please note that your work does not need to be inspired by the theme of the event. We endeavor to offer guests a variety of sizes and styles, and will curate a selection accordingly.
- Wall mounted artworks can be any dimension up to 3ft x 3ft (including frame if applicable)
- Free-standing, three dimensional artworks are also accepted
- Artworks will be ‘display ready’ (two-dimensional works will be appropriately matted, framed, with hanging device; unframed canvases should have finished edges; three dimensional works will be stable and free-standing)
- Artworks less than $950 will be considered
- Items selected for the silent auction will have a reserve price equal to a quarter of their retail price
- All entries will be reviewed by the Gallery committee. Committee decisions are final
Multiple submissions are welcomed and can be sent in a single submission email
Please email your submissions no later than January 13, 2018.
Your email submission should contain:
- Your current contact information including; your address, phone, email and website
- A good quality digital image of artwork(s) submitted for donation
- Corresponding credits (including title, medium, dimensions, year of creation and retail price)
- Curriculum Vitae/Artist’s Resume (optional)
Please note that:
- Email attachments must total less than 5 MB or risk rejection by our email server
- All applicants will be contacted by Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Successful applicants will receive a tax receipt for their donation for the 2018 tax year in accordance with CRA rules and standards
- Donating artists can receive free tickets to the event (value of tickets deducted from tax receipt in accordance with CRA rules and standards)
- Early accepted works with quality images will be used to promote the event via social media and the Gallery website
Art Gallery of St. Albert is part of the Arts and Heritage Foundation (Registered charitable organization 868543331 RR0001, #200, 20 Perron Street, St Albert, AB T8N 1E4, incorporated in Alberta). Art Gallery of St. Albert is planning to raise $15,000 at the Light up the Night fundraiser. It will cost approximately $3,500 to raise this amount of money. The funds raised during this event will enable us to continue to keep admission free and program fees low.Printable Call for Donations