A whimsical animal of your choice decorates this hand built pinch pot, with a face on one side and a tail on the other!
Students receive step by step instructions on how to form a cup shape or a pinch pot using a block of clay. Depending on the animal chosen upon registration, Instructors will guide students through the dominant traits that make each animal look distinct and guide students in creating the forms that will best reflect that animal.
- Learn what clay is and where it comes from; why it is bisque fired in a kiln; how to use clay and clay tools safely in a professional studio environment.
- Learn interesting facts about their chosen animal.
- Experiment with drawing, impressing, rolling, and coiling clay in order to create a realistic rendering of their chosen animal.
- Art: refining forms, creative process, expression and celebration, fine and gross motor skill development
- Social: Connecting with the world
- Science: Animals, Experimentation, Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
Suggested field trips to pair with:
Visual Art Studio Field Trips:
The Art Gallery of St. Albert runs clay and multimedia art fieldtrips in the Visual Art Studios at St. Albert Place, located at 5 St. Anne Street. Parent volunteers are required for our programs to be a successful experience for all, so please provide them with correct address information on your fieldtrip forms.
St. Albert Place is a public building so it is important to keep voices down when entering the front doors and walking past the elevators to the end of the hall with your class. There are coat hangers available for three different classes under the windows outside of the studios. Please keep your students grouped together and knock on your assigned studio door when you are ready to enter. Instructors will meet you in the hallway to confirm student numbers and inform students and adults of important studio rules before entering.
Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780 459 1163 for more information regarding booking a Visual Art Studio field trip.
We’re a non-profit organization, and program fees help cover the cost of instruction, supplies and equipment.
- We charge a minimum class fee based on 16 students
- $8.75 per student (minimum class fee of $140)
We’ll send an invoice to your school within one month—please don’t bring your payment to the workshop.
Please make cheques payable to Arts and Heritage St. Albert. Include invoice numbers and mail to: Arts and Heritage St. Albert, Suite #200, 20 Perron Street, St. Albert, AB T8N 1E4
For account inquiries, contact us at 780-459-1163 or email@example.com