Make the experience of earning a badge interactive with the Art Gallery of St. Albert.
Maximum class size is six. Virtual and outreach options available.
We offer specialized programs for art-related badges that engage Brownies, Girl Guides, Cubs, and Scout groups with the current exhibit in the Art Gallery of St. Albert followed by a hands-on exploration of materials and processes.
- Explore art through relevant, engaging and thought provoking themes such as Space and Place, Material and Process and Art and Society
- Connect to an artists’ work through the sharing of stories, experiences and emotions
- Discover cultural, historical and social contexts of the artworks on display
Upon registration, we will tailor your visit and lesson to reflect both the badge requirements and the ages of participants, with an art/interactive activity that is inspired by the current exhibit.
Our Needle Felting and Yarn Painting projects meet two of the Discover Your Creativity program areas.
Duration: 1½ hours
Cost: $8.75/participant (minimum $87.50). Includes all materials and tour.
Contact us at 780-651-5738 for more information or to register.
Don’t miss out on important class updates! We send important participant emails and updates directly through Eventbrite. Make sure Eventbrite emails are going to your Inbox – you will receive an email confirmation immediately after you register in a program. If you do not see the email confirmation, check your junk folder.
Art Gallery of St. Albert programs are operated under the provincial Restrictions Exemption Program. Program participants participants (aged 12 and up) and parents must provide valid proof of vaccination, proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service, or documentation of a medical exemption.
Additional safety protocols in place include:
- Student sign-in for each class will include a health check prior to each class, those experiencing symptoms are required to stay home (A make-up class or equivalent supplies and instructions will be provided for students who miss a class due to illness)
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Individual supplies for each student
- Hand sanitizer available in class
- Gloves available in class
- Socially distanced workspaces and social distancing of 2 metres will be promoted when moving about the classroom/studio/ gallery
- Students are required to wear a mask or face shield when in the studio or moving about the space
- Instructors required to be vaccinated and wear a mask or face shield
*Please note that a small Eventbrite fee is applied to all bookings.
Secure your spot early, and help ensure your class runs. Ticket sales for most programs close 7 days prior to the class, and refunds will be granted up to 7 days prior to the start of the class. View our community class cancellation and withdrawal policies.