A fantastic printmaking workshop!
Using professional linoleum cutting tools, students carve their own designs into Safety-Kut blocks. These lino blocks are then inked and transferred onto specialty rag paper. Students are shown techniques for printing without a press to create stunning imagery.
- Two large tables covered with kraft paper for printing stations
- Desks covered with paper
- Access to water and plenty of drying space.
- Templates and information will be sent one month before the workshop so students can complete a drawing ahead of time.
Please cover desks and tables with paper before the instructor arrives. Kraft paper is best for clay and messy workshops. A large central table is needed for some workshops such as Decorative Eggs, Inuit Inspired Printmaking and Linoleum Printing. Access to water is essential for clean up whether it’s a sink in the classroom, bathrooms, or a large bucket filled with water. Remember to wear nametags and dress for art!
Note: instructor must stay in one room for the entire day when 3 programs are booked.
Inspirational artist-led demonstrations provide technical instruction and guidance. An art-history perspective enriches programs where applicable. The highest priority is to stimulate each student’s imagination and creativity.
- $9 per student (minimum class fee based on 16 students)
- Added travel fee of $65 for St. Albert and $95 for Edmonton (Please request a quote for all outlying areas)
We’ll send an invoice to your school within one month—please don’t bring your payment to the workshop.
Please make cheques payable to Arts and Heritage St. Albert. Include invoice numbers and mail to:
Arts and Heritage St. Albert, Suite #200
20 Perron Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 1E4
For account inquiries, contact us at 780-459-1163 or email@example.com