Art Gallery of St. Albert provides hands-on, curriculum-based visual arts programming for Homeschool students.
Become a Homeschool Organizer!
A Homeschool Organizer is a homeschool parent who:
- can gather 16 to 20 homeschool students (ages 5–12) in order to attend art programs as a group. Specific groups of younger or older students can be accommodated.
- agrees to be billed directly by Arts and Heritage St. Albert and is responsible for collecting program fees from all homeschool parents in their established group.
- chooses suitable dates and program times for specific studio art programs or gallery tours that all other parents and children can attend
- is the main contact for relaying information between the Program Registrar, Program Manager and participating parents and students.
Homeschool Art & Clay Day 2019
Homeschool Art & Clay day is a full day of art programs for families wanting to get out of the house and be creative! Art Gallery of St. Albert provides educational art programs instructed by professional art instructors right in the heart of downtown St. Albert. Our not for profit art programs are perfectly designed for children who are 5 to 13 years of age. Parents are welcome to stay and learn right along with us!
- 10:30 am–12 pm: Art Program (check project listings for further details; regular fee of $15.00)
- 12–1:30 pm: Unsupervised Lunch Break (Pack a picnic lunch or eat at the many fabulous downtown restaurants before visiting our educational exhibits at the Art Gallery of St. Albert and Musee Heritage Museum)
- 1:30–3 pm: Clay Program (check project listings for further details; regular fee of $12.00)
Fee: $25.00 per child per day (a savings of $2.00!)Register
September 17: Dream Keeper and Inuksuk
September 24: Metis Beading and Totem Pole
October 1: Encaustic Leaves and Clay Leaf Plate
October 8: Night Creature Collage and Bat Tea Light
October 15: 3D Needle Felted Pumpkin and Pumpkin Candy Dish
October 22: Christmas Angel and Nativity Scene
October 29: Wire Tree Ornaments and Clay Tree Ornaments
Teen Clay Connection – Homeschool
Experience the joy of working with clay on a pottery wheel in a professional pottery studio! Create a variety of bowls, mugs and more whilst learning traditional throwing techniques. (Spots are also available for parents to join their teen!) Make and glaze a variety of cool projects using the wheel, coil and slab hand building techniques. Fee includes clay, glazes, use of tools and firing. Dress for a mess! Your teen must be 11 years old to take this class
Dates: Thursdays Sept. 26 to Nov. 7 (7 classes)
Time: 1-3:45 pm
Fee: $185 per participant
Location: Pottery Studio, St. Albert Place
Instructor: Julie Hage
Length: 2.75 hours
PLEASE NOTE: Parents with children under 6 years of age and without older siblings, are asked to stay and assist their children during these programs. Older students can attend without parental supervision but instructors must be provided with emergency cell numbers. Parents are not to drop off children without first checking in with the instructor prior to the beginning of each program. If less than 10 children register for this program, a cancellation notice with be emailed on the Friday prior and your fees will be refunded.
NOTE: REGISTRATION CLOSES 4 DAYS PRIOR TO PROGRAM TAKING PLACE. Contact email@example.com to see if more spots are available even if “sales ended” appears.