Art Gallery of St. Albert provides hands-on, curriculum-based visual arts programming for Homeschool students.
A Homeschool Organizer is a homeschool parent who:
- can gather 16 to 20 homeschool students (ages 5–12) in order to attend art programs as a group. Specific groups of younger or older students can be accommodated.
- agrees to be billed directly by Arts and Heritage St. Albert and is responsible for collecting program fees from all homeschool parents in their established group.
- chooses suitable dates and program times for specific studio art programs or gallery tours that all other parents and children can attend
- is the main contact for relaying information between the Program Registrar, Program Manager and participating parents and students.
Homeschool Organizers can register groups for any of the following art programs:
- A single 1.5 hour clay or multimedia Studio Program at a cost of $8.25 per child.
- A single 1.5 hour Art Explorers gallery tour at a cost of $4.50 per child.
- Homeschool Art Series–8 different art programs take place every two weeks on a specified day, at a specified time. This series will provide tax receipts to homeschool parents and includes 6 studio art programs and 2 gallery tour programs at a cost of $58.50 per child for the entire series.**Homeschool Art series is specially designed by our AGSA Program Manager to best suit the needs of the Homeschool Group attending. For more information or to become a Homeschool Organizer, please contact our Program Manager, Shannon Vance at email@example.com or call 780-651-5735.
- Upcoming classes: Mondays at 9:30am. January 29th, February 26th, March 12th, April 16th, May 7th
- New projects will be explored each month so children can learn a number of basic hand-building skills.
- Experienced potters and clay instructors will guide children through a specially designed clay project each month to promote experimentation, increase skill levels, and inspire creativity!
- Children may also choose to create a totally unique clay project with assistance from their instructor.
- Interested parents can register their children at a cost of $12 each or $10.80 for Arts and Heritage Members.
Note: This is a trial program so please share this information with other homeschool parents so we can make it a success! If less than 6 children sign up for a specific date and time, parents will be notified via phone or email that the class must be cancelled. Fees will be refunded or can be exchanged for a new program date.
Homeschool art programs take place once per month from 1:30–3pm in the Painting Studio at St. Albert Place (5 St. Anne Street).
- 2018 Dates:
- January 18 – Huichol Yarn Painting (registration now open)
- February 15 – Inuit Printmaking
- March 23 – Decorative Eggs (Pysanky)
- April 20 – Self Portraits
- May 18 – Linoleum Printing
- Experienced art instructors will guide children through a different art project each week to promote experimentation, increase skill levels, and inspire creativity!
- Students will gain the ability and confidence to work with a variety of different art mediums and projects designed to increase creative problem solving skills.
- Interested parents can register their children at a cost of $15.00 each (does not include Eventbrite fee) or $13.50 each for Arts and Heritage Members.
Please Note: If less than 6 children sign up for a specific date and time, parents will be notified via phone or email that the class must be cancelled. Fees will be refunded or can be exchanged for a future program date.