Art Gallery of St. Albert provides hands-on, curriculum-based visual arts programming for Homeschool students.
A Homeschool Organizer is a homeschool parent who:
- can gather 16 to 20 homeschool students (ages 5–12) in order to attend art programs as a group. Specific groups of younger or older students can be accommodated.
- agrees to be billed directly by Arts and Heritage St. Albert and is responsible for collecting program fees from all homeschool parents in their established group.
- chooses suitable dates and program times for specific studio art programs or gallery tours that all other parents and children can attend
- is the main contact for relaying information between the Program Registrar, Program Manager and participating parents and students.
Homeschool Organizers can register groups for any of the following art programs:
- A single 1.5 hour clay or multimedia Studio Program at a cost of $8.25 per child.
- A single 1.5 hour Art Explorers gallery tour at a cost of $4.50 per child.
- Homeschool Art Series–8 different art programs take place every two weeks on a specified day, at a specified time. This series will provide tax receipts to homeschool parents and includes 6 studio art programs and 2 gallery tour programs at a cost of $58.50 per child for the entire series.**Homeschool Art series is specially designed by our AGSA Program Manager to best suit the needs of the Homeschool Group attending. For more information or to become a Homeschool Organizer, please contact our Program Manager, Shannon Vance at email@example.com or call 780-651-5735.
- Upcoming fall classes: September 4, 11, 18, 25 and October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- New projects will be explored each week so children can learn a number of basic hand-building skills.
- Experienced potters and clay instructors will guide children through a specially designed clay project to promote experimentation, increase skill levels, and inspire creativity!
- Interested parents can register their children at a cost of $12 each ($10.80 for Arts and Heritage Members, $10.00 for SHINE Homeschool members)
Homeschool art programs take place on Tuesdays from 10:30 am–12 pm in the Multicraft Studio at St. Albert Place (5 St. Anne Street).
- Experienced art instructors will guide children through a different art project each week to promote experimentation, increase skill levels, and inspire creativity!
- Students will gain the ability and confidence to work with a variety of different art mediums and projects designed to increase creative problem solving skills.
- Interested parents can register their children at a cost of $15.00 each, $13.50 each for Arts and Heritage Members, $10.00 for SHINE Homeschool members. (does not include Eventbrite fee
2018 Fall Dates:
- September 4 – Tipi Painting (add photos please!)
- September 11 – Birch Bark Basket
- September 18 – Animal Connections
- September 25 – Tunisian Mosaics
- October 2 – South American Worry Dolls
- October 9 – Boreal Healing
- October 16 – Needle Felted Owl
- October 23 – Birch Bark Biting Inspired Prints
- October 30 – Midnight Sun
Please Note: If less than 6 children sign up for a specific date and time, parents will be notified via phone or email that the class must be cancelled. Fees will be refunded or can be exchanged for a future program date.
Homeschool Art & Clay day is now combined into a full day of art programs for families wanting to get out of the house and be creative! Art Gallery of St. Albert provides educational art programs instructed by professional art instructors right in the heart of downtown St. Albert. Our not for profit art programs are perfectly designed for children who are 5 to 13 years of age. Parents are welcome to stay and learn right along side them!
For the months of September and October, a unique selection of Indigenous inspired art and clay programs will take place every Tuesday in the Multicraft Studio.
- 10:30-12 pm – Art Program (check project listings below for further details; regular fee of $15.00)
- 12-1:30 pm – Lunch Break (Pack a picnic lunch or eat at the many fabulous downtown restaurants before visiting our other Art and History locations: Art Gallery of St. Albert, Musee Heritage Museum, St. Albert Grain Elevator Park or Father Lacombe Chapel)
- 1:30-3 pm Clay Program (check project listings below for further details; regular fee of $12.00)
Fee: $25 per child per day (a savings of $2!)
Fall Program listings:
- September 4 – Tipi Painting and Tipi Scene
- September 11 – Birch Bark Basket and Iroquois Inspired Pottery
- September 18 – Animal Connections and Animal Sculpture
- September 25 – Tunisian Mosaics and Tunisian Doors
- October 2 – South American Worry Dolls and Storytellers
- October 9 – Boreal Healing and Alberta Rose and Pine
- October 16 – Needle Felted Owl and Great Horned Owl Sculpture
- October 23 – Birch Bark Biting Inspired Prints and Northwest Coastal Inspired Mask
- October 30 – Midnight Sun and Inuit Figure
Registration opening soon!
Note: If less than 10 children sign up for a specific date and time, parents will be notified via phone or email that the class must be cancelled. Fees will be refunded.