Art Gallery of St. Albert provides hands-on, curriculum-based visual arts programming for Homeschool students.
Become a Homeschool Organizer!
A Homeschool Organizer is a homeschool parent who:
- can gather 16 to 20 homeschool students (ages 5–12) in order to attend art programs as a group. Specific groups of younger or older students can be accommodated.
- agrees to be billed directly by Arts and Heritage St. Albert and is responsible for collecting program fees from all homeschool parents in their established group.
- chooses suitable dates and program times for specific studio art programs or gallery tours that all other parents and children can attend
- is the main contact for relaying information between the Program Registrar, Program Manager and participating parents and students.
Homeschool Art & Clay Day 2019
Homeschool Art & Clay Day is a full day of art programs for families wanting to get out of the house and be creative! Art Gallery of St. Albert provides educational art programs instructed by professional art instructors right in the heart of downtown St. Albert. Our not for profit art programs are perfectly designed for children 5 to 13 years of age and parents are encouraged to stay and learn right alongside them!
For 2019, a unique selection of art and clay programs will take place once per month on a Tuesday or Thursday in the Pottery or Multi-craft Studio at St. Albert Place. The month of June is all about famous artist inspired art projects and they will take place every Tuesday.
- 10:30 am–12 pm: Clay Program (check project listings for further details)
- 12–1:30 pm: Lunch Break (Pack a picnic lunch or eat at the many fabulous downtown restaurants before visiting our other Art and History locations: Art Gallery of St. Albert, Musée Héritage Museum, St. Albert Grain Elevator Park or Father Lacombe Chapel)
- 1:30–3 pm: Art Program (check project listings for further details)
Fee: $25 per child per day (Society of Homeschool Network in Edmonton, SHiNE, members save $5 with promo code)
Teen Clay Connection – Homeschool
Experience the joy of working with clay on a pottery wheel in a professional pottery studio! Create a variety of bowls, mugs and more whilst learning traditional throwing techniques. (Spots are also available for parents to join their teen!) Make and glaze a variety of cool projects using the wheel, coil and slab hand building techniques. Fee includes clay, glazes, use of tools and firing. Dress for a mess! Your teen must be 11 years old to take this class
Dates: Thursdays Sept. 26 to Nov. 7 (7 classes)
Time: 1-3:45 pm
Fee: $185 per participant
Location: Pottery Studio, St. Albert Place
Instructor: Julie Hage
Length: 2.75 hours
PLEASE NOTE: Parents are not to drop children off without first signing in with the instructor at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of each program. Parents with children ages 7 or younger are asked to stay and assist their children during the program. Older students may attend without parental supervision but instructors must have emergency cell phone numbers. Parents should return for their children 15 minutes prior to the end of the program as they may finish up projects early. We will email a cancellation notice and refund your fees if less than 10 children register. REGISTRATION CLOSES 4 DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM TAKING PLACE. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if more spots are available even if “sold out” or “sales ended” is posted on Eventbrite.